Denials are a costly challenge for health systems, especially those related to Sepsis.
In this 1-hour webinar, Accuity’s Denials and Appeals Director, Jennifer Bushman, and HIM/CDI Executive Director, Jeannie Ruch, will share how to identify trends and the root cause of your denials, and how you can audit your denials plan.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to target the source to improve documentation, reduce denials, and reduce query-fatigue
- How to identify patterns and trends that can be used to drive denial management strategies
- Contracting tips and tricks
- How to leverage technology to aggregate root cause data to prevent front-end denials and confront payers on trends
- How to develop targeted denials education based on your trends
Sign up to watch instantly:
The Denials Landscape
- HFMA reported that of the $3 trillion in healthcare claims, $262 billion ended up as denied dollars
- A follow-up report, five years later, shows that denial rates have climbed by 20%
- $118 in rework costs per claim on appeals
- The drain on administrative resources to rework denied claims is immense
- Research indicates that 50% to 65% of denied claims are never reworked